Where I spend a couple hours learning that I don’t know what I’m doing.
After my dive into the configuration files I felt like I had a pretty strong base to start from. I know what packages I’m using and what they do. I started by tweaking one end to end test to expect ‘Small Catechism Flash Cards’ as the header, compiled (missed that the e2e test script didn’t compile automatically), ran the e2e test, and saw a failure. I then changed the Angular component, compiled, and ran the test and voila it passed. BDD at its finest! (Obviously my overconfidence was setting me up for failure.)
I thought, “Why not try to display a card, and so I don’t get too far ahead, just the title of the card and what would be the front text.” So I wrote a test that looked for ‘The Ten Commandments’ in an h1 and ‘The Introduction’ in an h2. The URL to access would have the form /set/1/1 (set for the resource
The URL format lead me to investigate how to respond to the /set/
I looked at the example some more and I don’t think this is the way I’m supposed to be writing the angular app or using routers. I’m going to pull back a little bit and study the philosophy of what makes a good Angular app, the proper use of components, and how to use routers.